Events - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
Guadalupe Wine Tasting
Action Ski & Snowboard Club invites you to the
5th Annual WINE TASTING in the Valle de Guadalupe
Saturday, September 22nd, 2018
Our low rate of $145 ($150 for non-members) includes:
Chauffeured Bus Ride, all Tastings and Tours, and a Late Lunch
- Pickup location is the Park-n-Ride on Sweetwater Road at the I-805.
- Bus departs promptly at 8:45am. Food and drink will be provided on the bus.
- We will visit three wineries followed by a late lunch.
- Bus leaves from Guadalupe at 6:30pm, with an estimated arrival back at the Park-n-Ride at 9:00pm
Description (wineries subject to change):
First, Montefiori, where they just opened up their new tasting room with panoramic views of the Valle. Their wines are super fun! They have a great, inexpensive, red blend among the wines we will be tasting. No tour. Next, Finca la Carrodilla has an amazing roof patio covered with solar panels and a beautiful succulent garden. We will taste three wines and have a tour of their wine making facility. Third, Clos de Tres Cantos, where the winery is built of re-purposed materials and is really cool. They are famous for their reds. We will be splitting the group into two parts for a tasting and a tour of this creatively built place. Our last stop is for food at Mixtura, around 4:30 pm. The owner Viviana has prepared a special menu for us, and I will be buying wine for the tables as needed. From there we’ll head back to the border and finally the park-n-ride.
- A VALID PASSPORT OR PASSPORT CARD IS REQUIRED TO ENTER MEXICO!!
- A Sentri or Global Entry card can be used to re-enter the US.
- Dress in layers. Temperatures can vary widely throughout the day.
- Wear comfortable shoes. We will be walking on gravel and uneven surfaces.
- Waivers must be signed before boarding the bus.
- California residents can bring only ONE bottle of wine back across the border.
There is a cancellation fee of $10 for all cancellations received before August 1st, and $50 for all cancellations received during August. Cancellations received during September will be refunded less a $50 cancellation fee if and only if a paid replacement is found.
Saturday, September 22, 2018, 8:00 AM until 9:00 PM
Meet bus at Park n Ride
805 and Sweetwater
Other Fun Activities
is closed - Event is full
• Your reservation is guaranteed only when your trip has been paid for in full.
• No partial payments are allowed.
• If a trip is full, you may get on the waiting list only upon paying for the trip in full. You may drop from the waiting list and request a refund at anytime, including when your name comes up to the top of the list.
• You must provide notice via email, text, or phone call for all cancellations. Your cancellation will take effect when you have received acknowledgement the message has been received.
o There is a cancellation fee of $10 for all cancellations received before August 1st
o There is a cancellation fee of $50 for all cancellations received during August
o Cancellations received during Septemer will be refunded less a $50 cancellation fee if and only if a paid replacement is found.
• Replacements must come from the official waiting list. In the event that there are no people on the official waiting list, the person wishing to cancel may find a replacement themselves. No refund will be given to the person canceling until the replacement has paid in full for the trip.
• Due to the prepayments required for this trip, there can be no exceptions to this policy.